Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Art Class Reminiscing 3

Ok, another old piece, since I haven't been working on new art. Oh, I do have new photos on http://kerstitch.deviantart.com/ though, that I will blog about properly soon.

Back to this artwork. This is from grade 9 or 10 (14 or 15 years old) More than half my life ago! lol The object was to put a grid on a magazine photo and copy the photo square by square at the same size. We were only supposed to look at one square at a time. This explains some of the random direction pencil lines I have in the "black" areas which shows up the "grid". lol

But otherwise it turned out pretty good and I got a perfect grade on it - I think the only one on an artwork that I received. The singer is Ricky Nelson. This was done with a regular #2 school pencil.



Larger version: Ricky Nelson Drawing vs Original Comparison

No comments: